Day 1: Fraser Explorer Day 1 - Itinerary order dependent on tides
Stop At: Lake Wabby, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Swim in the emerald-green window lake and explore the only example of a barrage lake found of Fraser Island, after your trek across the shifting sands of the Hammerstone Sandblow.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Central Station Rainforest, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Check-out the interp displays and discover a former logging station that was once the hub of a bustling timber industry. Walk the boardwalk paths alongside Wangoolba Creek.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Enjoy a revitalising swim in the fresh, crystal blue water and relax on the sandy white beaches of this picture perfect perched dune lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Eurong Beach Resort. Offering triple, twin/double and single room accommodation in a standard hotel room.
Day 2: Fraser Explorer Day 2 - Itinerary order dependent on tides
Pass By: Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Tour the sandy highway – the ‘spine of Fraser Island’, running from Hook Point to Great Sandy Cape. During this journey, take an extra opportunity to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island.
Stop At: Eli Creek, 75 Mile Beach Road, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Relax on the sandy banks, wade through the invigorating shallow waters or drift downstream – the fastest flowing creek on the island is sure to revitalise your mind, body and soul.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maheno Wreck, Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Learn the intriguing history of this once proud passenger liner that was washed ashore in 1935 during an out-of-season cyclone. While you’re at it, take the chance to stretch your legs and take a holiday snap with this rusting wreck.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fraser Island, Fraser Island, Fraser Coast, Queensland
The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - one of Fraser’s more magical locations, you will hear the Dreamtime story of how these rainbow coloured cliffs came to be.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Indian Head, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Take in the spectacular views and look down from the rocky outcrop for sharks, turtles even migrating humpback whales.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Champagne Pools, Waddy Point Bypass, Fraser Island, Queensland 4567 Australia
Stimulate your senses and take a dip in a natural ocean jacuzzi, a natural rock pool filled by crashing waves.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Absolutely loved the tour, very informative and interesting. Our favourite spots were Champagne Pools and Lake Mackenzie and our favourite experience - Sarg our trusted Ranger guide. Our favourite sights couldn't go passed a flight over over K'gari for a bird's eye view of our trip.
Was a fantastic day out with plenty of fun time Our driver David was a wealth of knowledge and very considerate of our enjoyment Would do it again anytime
Thank you very much Mark, our guide, you were awesome!! A great guide can be the difference between liking Fraser Island and falling in love with the place! Huge thanks!
My wife loved Eli Creek, I loved Champagne Pools and Lake Mackenzie/Lake Wabby. Our tour guide Mark (SARG) was knowledgeable, friendly and full of puns. His best joke was look to your left and you maybe able to spot Steven Segal and Russel Crowe.
Day 1 was Lake Mackenzie (1 hour), Central station (2 hours) and Lake Wabby (2 hours)
Day 2 was Indian Heads (45 minutes), Champagne Pools (1 hour), Eli Creek (2 hours)
Thoroughly recommend those who want an adventure and yet don't want to drive in sand or rent a 4WD.
The best of Fraser Island via a bone crushing bus ride. Our tour guide and driver, Mark helped make our stay very enjoyable. The sights and experiences of the island were brought to life with historical detail and myths and legends. The two resorts were comfortable and the the staff were excellent. Recommended!
Fast drive on the beach in 4WD bus. The driver, Mark, was very informative and helpful throughout the day
The tour director was excellent, her knew his product and presented it well. Mark was friendly and very informative, he was considerate of all on the tour.
The owners and operators of both resorts should take a leaf out of Mark's book.
Both Resorts require work on the air conditioning
Our tour guide Mark (Sarg) was fantastic, great personality, knowledgeable, and funny. We are writing this review from two couples who are traveling together.This tour has exceeded our expectations. Though this component is two days, we opted for the four day package which extended the stay to an additional night either side of the tour, staying at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Very impressed with the way this organisation run their operation from start to finish.
Spending quality time at each destination was definitely a highlight of this two day tour. Enough time to immerse yourself thoroughly in each experience. Swimming in Lake Mackenzie was spectacular. Walking through the rainforest alongside Wanggolba Creek, a creek where the water is so clear that you can barely see the water. The ship wreck, Eli Creek, the Champagne pools, the Pinnacles, and the sand blows were also spectacular. We (4 friends) also took the option of having a scenic flight over the island, worth every cent too.
The tour guide/bus driver Steve made the two-day tour very memorable and enjoyable. His extensive knowledge and excellent ability to communicate with tour participants was the real highlight, on a par with the impressive scenery.
Great day with family on Fraser Island and Mark ( Sarg ) was an excellent tour guide. Really enjoted the program.
Accommodation included: 1 night
Transport by air-conditioned 4WD coach
Hotel pickup and drop-off
National Park fees and fuel levies
Tea & Coffee
Drinks (available to purchase)
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring zinc sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese via the Fraser Explorer Tours app
- Your accommodation will require a credit card pre-authorisation of AU$100 per day plus AU$200 refundable bond to a maximum of AU$500. In the event that no credit card is available, full payment and a bond deposit of AU$100 per day to a maximum of AU$500 is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Recommended for guests to bring their own front-facing infant seats. Limited child seats are available at an additional charge on request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff continue to be our top priority. We have implemented processes as well as adhering to the latest Government and Health official’s advice. Thank you for your support throughout these changing times.