This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Enjoy a revitalising swim in the crystal blue waters and relax on the sandy white beaches… it’s picture perfect!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
As you drive along this sandy highway, you may spot birds of prey flying above or humpback whales as they migrate past (between July – November). You may wish to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island - book with your guide on tour (optional extra).
Stop At: Maheno Wreck, Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Enjoy a photo stop at the rusting wreck of the Maheno washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935 – it’s one of Fraser Island’s most recognisable sites
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Central Station Rainforest, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
This former logging station that housed schools and shops for the bustling timber industry is now a tourist stop. Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns, towering Ghost Gums and Pine trees
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Fraser Explorer Tours, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Local guides and custom designed 4WD buses air conditioned for your comfort
Stop At: The Pinnacles, Pinnacles Dr, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Learn how these technicolour sand formations were created and the Butchulla legends surrounding them. We stop to take a picture as we drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Eli Creek, 75 Mile Beach Road, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek pouring out 80 megalitres of water daily into the ocean.
Duration: 30 minutes
The day trip on K'gari was fantastic, Hayden the driver skilfully guided our bus through the 4wd roads through amazing rainforests, along the beach, all the while giving commentary on the feature and history of this paradise. Plenty of time at each feature, 🏊♀️ in creeks and lakes superb fresh water,guides rainforest walks . A lovely lunch, cannot recommend this highly enough as a bucket list tick off. You have to go!!
Lake Mackenzie was a bucket list item and did not disappoint. The tour is a fantastic way for non four wheel drivers to see the amazing sights of Fraser Island. Our driver Dave was knowledgeable and an exceptional driver in the difficult terrain.
Lake Mackenzie was beautiful. Hayden, was very knowledgeable and did a great job as our tour guide.
Enjoyed the sunsets and the boat trip on western side of K’gari
Such an amazing trip! Jam packed but such a great way to get a taste of the island! Informative tour guides, beautiful scenery, great for kids and the 4wd bus was so much fun! Would highly recommend. Lake Mackenzie is the crowning glory!
It was great to see so many of the special Fraser Island sights in a day.
Our guide, Wayne, was very knowledgeable and accommodating for our four year old.
Amazing day spent on K'gari. Mark our tour guide gave us an adventure (not tour).
Lunch was bland...
The tour guide, Steve, was very friendly and knowledgeable. I loved my time there with my partner. The best part for us was definitely Lake Mckenzie. Recommened for anyone who wants to visit the island without having to worry about the potential pitfalls of driving themselves on the sand tracks.
This day trip was an excellent intro to Fraser Island. It provided an excellent variety of scenery. We had plenty of time at Lake McKenzie to swim. Time allocated at each spot was perfect.
Buffet lunch at the Resort was adequate.
If anyone desperately needs a coffee/tea at morning and afternoon tea, take your own.
Given the cost of taking your own car on the barge, permit, camping fees etc, the day trip was exceptional value.
Our guide was Cameron - excellent! Cameron was very experienced and knew the area very well. Friendly and obliging. Thank you Cameron!
There was a mix up with pick up arrangements but everything turned out OK.
Great trip, it is a bit sad no being able to stay overnight but as a 1 day trip is quite complete...
Hayden was our driver/tour guide and he was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed all the information he gave us interjected with light hearted humour. Meal was okay but would have enjoyed a cup of coffee or tea with it but we weren't there for the food. 4 Wheel drive bus was very comfortable and a great vehicle for getting around. Would recommend for all ages.
Transport by air-conditioned 4WD coach
Hotel pickup and drop-off
National Park fees and fuel levies
Return ferry transfers
Drinks (available to purchase)
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Audio guide app available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Recommended for guests to bring their own front-facing infant seats. Limited child seats are available at an additional charge on request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff continue to be our top priority. We have implemented processes as well as adhering to the latest Government and Health official’s advice. Thank you for your support throughout these changing times.