Feel the excitement and anticipation as we venture out from the Urangan Harbour to experience the mighty humpback whale in their natural surrounds. Everybody scanning the horizon for our first splash or blow, in the hope of whale behaviours that include loud pec and tail slaps, brilliant breaches, curious spy hops and close encounters like nowhere else in the world. Plus our friendly and knowledgeable crew will keep you enlightened along the way.
• Spirit of Hervey Bay, Buccaneer Drive Whale Bay Marina, Urangan, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
It is the end of the whale season but we did get to see a few mums with their bubs. It was very special.
My wife and myself booked an afternoon cruise. It was wonderful. We managed to see some whales which made it special. Staff where very friendly.
We had fabulous weather heading out on the afternoon cruise. The boat is huge and well equipped to hold a lot of people. It gets you out to the bay quicker than some of the other tour boats. Plenty of seating inside and outside.
The afternoon tea was a little disappointing. Mini muffins & biscuits, a bowl with apples & oranges, tea and coffee. Maybe we've been spoiled on other whale watching cruises?
We didn't have any close encounters like we have had on other boats. Maybe it's the size of the vessel? Although we did see calves breaching quite a few times, they were not particularly close to get any decent photo's.
The staff were friendly. We would have liked more commentary perhaps on the region, on Fraser.
Seeing the mother and calf up close while they were sleeping then when they woke up they were slapping the water with there fins and came up really close
Just seeing the beautiful whales and their calves. So many of them. The commentary was so good too. The whole day from start to finish was amazing
The most memorable part is when the whales moving around the cruise and that was an amazing time and it was really fun experience with you whales.
Friendly, informative staff. We saw heaps of whales. Lots of calves doing tricks and breaching. Mummy’s yea hung calves to communicate. Had a sonar so we could hear the males singing. Amazing experience.
This was an amazing adventure that I would recommend to everyone. The crew onboard were friendly and helpful. The captain of the boat and his staff were extremely informative and gave us the best experience ever. Thank you so much.
The whales were the highlight but the attentive staff and genuine interest in you having a good time was amazing.
It was a great experience we saw quiet a few pods of whales.The staff was great.the views were fantastic.
Morning tea or afternoon tea
Live commentary on board
Free courtesy transfers from Hervey Bay tourist accommodation or Free parking at Marina
Fully Licenced Bar (available for purchase)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands