Step onto your specially designed whale-watching catamaran and set sail from Hervey Bay.
Listen to an expert's commentary as you head out to sea and scan the water for whales. See whales in their natural environment from a choice of two vantage points. Watch from inside the boat through the underwater viewing windows, or head to the boat's unique outdoor platform for unforgettable views.
Your air-conditioned catamaran is equipped with hydrophones so you can hear the whales sing, and the multilingual staff can provide whale information in six languages.
Smaller kids keep busy with toys and activities provided on board, and you can take home a free whale-watching DVD.
Enjoy tea and coffee with biscuits and cake on the trip out, and an antipasto platter to share on the return trip home. You can also buy drinks from the licensed bar (own expense).
Whale sightings are guaranteed, so if you don't spot any whales you can enjoy a return Hervery Bay whale-watching cruise on a different day for free!
• Tasman Venture - Day Tours, Buccaneer Drive Great Sandy Straits Marina, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
• Fraser Island, Fraser Island, Fraser Coast, Queensland
• Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
• Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Queensland Australia
We appreciated the efforts that the team made to ensure we experienced the whole whale watching adventure.
Being mid October there are fewer whales but we loved the trip and saw over 5 pods during our half day sail
We also felt very spoilt by the crew who looked after everyone with care and hospitality
Not only did we see whales but informative staff could explain each behaviour and showed great affinity with the whales. They look after their guests and the welfare of the whales.
I took my grandson out to see whales for the first time. Staff made it clear they wanted us all to have a great time and were so very kind and helpful. The boat was very comfortable and suitable for a toddler.
We had an amazing day. Thannks
Searching out the whales was exciting. Watching the mother whales teach their calves how to breathe was interesting. The commentator was excellent and staff on the Tasman Venture were very helpful. Being collected from our motel was a convenient bonus.
Seeing the calves breaching in the water along side their mums.
The running commentary was on point, great information what goes on behind the scenes.
Lastly the wonderful, friendly & professional crew 😁
We enjoyed whale watching, however very embarrassed in front of our 6 yrs old daughter. You had advertised that the kids toys and activities are included on the trip, so we already told our daughter about it and she was very excited as she was asking us all the time where is my toy?!
I asked the crew about the kids toy and they said there is no kids toy and activities, and I can pay $18 to buy her a kit of activities. My girl was so disappointed and I was very regretful why I believed that item on your advertising and passed it to her.
The staff were fantastic ands we saw so many whales -young and mums - playing and breaching - the boat kept on looking for great experiences
Fantastic trip!! The boat, although smaller than others, was the best feature. Being smaller, it meant we could walk.(& often run!) From one side of the boat to the other to get the best view if the whales from wherever they were, and the captain could quickly manoeuvre the boat to get closer too. Staff were super friendly, especially to our kids and also passionate and knowledgeable. Morning tea was plentiful, and afternoon tea too. The Junior Whale Warrior is worth getting too.
Only a short trip out, within the bay, gave us close first hand views to many different pods. Calves, breaches, flicks of tails - the afternoon had it all, including afternoon tea with a variety of goodies! Wish I could upload the videos to Trip Advisor!
TIP - take a jacket, irrespective of the weather and sunshine, as it can get cool on the water. Also, morning would most likely have calmer waters, but the action in the afternoon was worth it!
The amount of whales we seen and the guides being so on the ball as soon as they seen activity in the distance
Customer service was amazing
Attention to detail incredible
Knowledge of area and whales excellent
Amazing with kids
Communication through tour was excellent and we seen so many whales
I will be returning every session
Congratulation on such an amazing business you have created
Live commentary on board
Morning or afternoon tea
Activities for children (toys, coloring books, DVDs)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum number 10 passengers
- As this is a cruise please dress appropriately for cooler weather
- Additional food and drinks are available on board at additional costs
- Guaranteed whale sightings or enjoy a return cruise on a different day for free
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- To comply with the social distancing rules specific for COVID 19 you will notice that we have implemented maximum passenger numbers for each of the spaces around the vessel. These maximum numbers are identified by posters in each of these areas. Additionally, during the whale watching season, whale watching viewing circle dots will be marked around the deck s. These dots will be spaced a minimum of 1.5m apart. Each dot will allow for up to 2 persons from a family group to stand in that space (for example one adult and one child from the same family may stand on the same dot). Please note that the number of dots does NOT equal the maximum passengers for each area but are there as a guide to help you choose a safe distance between yourself and other passengers. For the safety of all onboard we ask that you adhere to these restriction
- You will be asked to use our hand sanitizer station when boarding the vessel. Additionally, other hand sani tizer stations will be set up at key entry and exit points of the vessel and you will be encouraged to use these throughout the tour.
- We are abiding by the laws in place and will ask questions on arrival which may impact your ability to travel you must not have travelled to australia from overseas within the past 14 days, You must not have travelled to a 'hot-spot' in the last 14 days nor can you have either contracted or been in contact with someone who is Covid-positive
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides