Check-in and board the vessel, tour the Great Sandy Strait Marine Park along side of Fraser Island. Whale watch and Swim the day away, catering and equipment provided.
• Hervey Bay Dive Centre, 1 Jetty Rd Boat Club Marina, Urangan, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
Wow what a day! Although the whales didn’t want to swim with us, we still had the best experience with this company 😍. Skipper Ed brought us as close as possible and it was just amazing seeing these incredible animals up close. We loved that the group was not too big and the boat was big enough for us all. Best of all was the approval of flying with the drone. Videos are still uploading, so here are some picture we took. Couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you so much for the amazing day!
My family and I had a great time on a day trip with the Hervey Bay Dive Centre . It was a whale watching and swim tour. There were lots of whales out and the skipper Ed found the right ones to look at while in the water. It was well explained by Matt how to be in the water with the whales and it was an awesome experience that our family had. They feed us well and the jokes from the crew were something else.
Recommend going with this firm
Such an amazing day swimming with the whales!!
So many opportunities to swim which is very rare this late in the season.
Such professional service, friendly captain and tour guide!
Thanks for such an awesome experience, this is one I will remember for the rest of my life.
If this isn't on your bucket list, it really really really needs to be.
The crew were knowledgeable and very respectful of the marine life which we greatly appreciated! We weren’t able to swim with the whales because there were too many calves around but that didn’t damper the experience. We were told it was a full boat but it didn’t feel like it. Plenty of space to spread out and no heads in the way for photos. Such a wonderful way to spend a day and well worth the money :)
staff were fantastic. 🐋 even better. food just kept coming lots of snacks. it was a great day and an enjoyable experience
Had the most amazing time! Large group of us went of all ages. So many whales. The captain and crew were so knowledgeable and caring. Food in abundance. Everything supplied for swimming/ snorkeling. Loved it. We're going again.
We saw so many whales! A real bucket list experience. The smaller boat and numbers made the experience more personal and we never struggled to see the action.
Our whale watching (and SWIMMING) experience was GREAT! The crews were very enthusiastic and looked after us during the trip. When we first booked this trip, we didn't really have much expectation when the ad said "swimming with the whale". However, on the day, we then realized how REAL and close the whale would be willing to come up to us and it was definitely an unforgettable experience (while in the water, it is really up to the whale, not us!). HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Hervey Bay Dive Centre is Hervey Bay’s finest when it comes to whale watching and swimming with the humpback whales. These guys are local and are very knowledgeable in regards to the water and sea life on the beautiful Fraser Coast. An absolute must as it’s an experience like no other. These guys will give you a very unique experience so this is the only tour you need to know. My experience far exceeded my expectations. We had multiple close encounters with the humpback whales, and saw multiple behaviours from them as well as seeing a beautiful mum and calf. Absolutely amazing day 🤩
Today we had the most incredible time.
First off we were greeted with smiles and incredible dad jokes. (Always a guarantee with Matt and Grant).
As soon as we were on the boat Matt and Ed were making sure everyone one had snacks and tea/ coffee.
But then the whale experience..... oh my gosh.
Both groups had the most majestic experience. The three whales just hung around the boat curiously checking out the swimmers. They then proceeded to carry on and breech.
The day ended by cruising down the coast line of Fraser Island.
100% would recommend.
Swim with whales (when conditions permit)
Up-close whale encounter
Snorkeling gear and wetsuits are provided
Guaranteed whale sightings
Coffee and/or Tea
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We champion a strict Code of Practice when interacting with the whales. The key component to this agreement, and a core philosophy of ours, is “on the whales terms”. In short this means we only interact with whales that are happy for us to do so.
- We guarantee whale sightings (seeing a whale from the vessel) between 1st August and 14th October. In the unlikely event that the skipper cannot locate a whale during this period you will be offered a full refund or free return ticket.
- Children under 8 years are not permitted to swim with the whales and a parental guardian must remain with them on the vessel. If 2 guardians are present they can interchange between the vessel and swimming when conditions permit. The tour is not suitable for children under 4 years.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers